This is a project of Swiss Development Cooperation and implemented by a consortium of three Albanian organizations, Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA), Partners Albania and Co-PLAN. LevizAlbania is an innovative project designed to have a catalytic effect on local democracy in Albania. The project is already in its second phase which will be implemented in the period July 2019 - June 2023.
Assist and complement the work of the Finance Manager in order to improve further the efficiency of financial management of the LevizAlbania Project and Grantees’ financial reporting. The position will also cover the financial management, coordination and day to day financial transactions for the CAI (individual grantees) grant instrument.
Responsibilities/Duties (Summary of key functions)
On Management and maintenance of financial system:
- Prepare and update excel diaries every week for cash, banks and VAT;
- Data entry for the purchases and withholding tax;
- Organization and checking the financial documentation at the end of the month along with the FM;
- Monitoring procedural compliance with individual contracts;
- Monitoring procedural compliance with grant implementation;
- Assistance in the preparation of payments and checks as well as stamping of documentation after payments execution;
- Settlement of VAT invoices in the files after receipt of reimbursements by the Prime Minister Office;
- Assistance in financial reporting of grantees, photocopying and filing of grant files together with FM.
- Manages the Cash Box, analysis of cash box, and daily need acquisitions;
- Coordinate with finance manager for office needs in cash, and cash inflows;
- Responsible for cash data input into Grant Management System (GMS);
- Reconciles cash on weekly basis with finance manager and in monthly basis with ED;
On Grants Administration and Technical Assistance
- Support Finance Manager on issues related to grants management:
- Support to track grant disbursements;
- Tracks grant financial reporting;
- Monitor use/implementation of grant funds/budget;
- When needed, controls grant financial implementation;
- Assess grantee financial management capability and provide technical assistance and training as required to ensure the grantee is capable of meeting regulations for financial management, accounting, and financial reporting;
- Review grantee financial reports and make recommendations for follow-up action or technical assistance;
- Review individual grantees financial reports. Support Grant Managers in preparing regular financial reports for the Consortium and SDC;
- Support data entry into Grant Management System
- University degree (Bachelor) in finance, accounting or business administration.
Experience and skills
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in finance, accounting or book keeping.
- Very good knowledge of NGO Albanian financial-related legal framework (tax, accounting standards)
- Very good communication and coordination skills
- Ability to adapt and to be flexible
- Ability to work independently and self/organizational skills
- Ability to work harmoniously with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Resourcefulness, good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with and between different levels and types of project personnel and counterparts;
- Excellent PC user skills in Microsoft Office package, particularly in Excel (formulas, pivot tables, etc.).
- Strong skills in written communications in English particularly in preparing financial reporting;
- Excellent spoken English is also required.
Remuneration budgeted for the position is as per the industry standards. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.